Customer Operations Supervisor
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Customer Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the onsite Resource Management program. This associate must be able to maintain a high standard of physical operations (90% of work load) and manage day to day managerial responsibilities (10% of daily work load). Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): monitoring material streams generated at the facility, maintaining shipping documents, scheduling material movements (MSW, metals, non-regulated waste, recyclables), executing continuous improvement ideas, providing feedback to the customer on operational issues, processing recyclable materials and operating equipment.
Key Accountabilities :
Management (10% of the associates work day)
- Track material load details in an efficient manner
- Manage the daily logistical needs of the customer’s facility via phone/email
- Assist in identifying continuous improvement initiatives as it pertains to material collection, material processing
- Ensure safety is at the forefront of operations
- Maintain forklift and facility safety checklists
- Maintain positive relationships with key contacts within the program
- Attend regular safety meetings
Material Processing/Equipment Operations (90% of associates work day)
- Sort materials based on commodity and value
- Load trailers/open top dumpsters with materials in a safe manner using a forklift
- Collect scrap materials throughout the customers facility
- Identify opportunities to improve collection methods and increase material value
- Provide feedback on material contamination
- Process production scrap: Bale cardboard, LDPE film and operate trash compactor
- Maintain general housekeeping to exceed customer expectations
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
Skills & Knowledge
- Computer Skills – Microsoft office, Excel, Email
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Equipment operation skills (forklift, vertical balers and compactors)
- 1-3 years manufacturing
- Minimum 6 months – 1 year equipment operation
- Worked in a mature safety culture
- Success in a fast paced team environment
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Lifting 30 lbs. frequently – 65 lbs. several times / day
- Standing for up to 8 hrs. / day
- Getting on and off equipment
- Proven commitment to safety
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.