Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for communicating back and forth with drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial and roll-off lines of business. This position handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers that include customer service, sales, and operational staff.
- Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers’ locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and customer satisfaction
- Works with sites and the service department to optimize routes based on needs of the customer
- Handles fields incoming calls and e-mails from customer service and sales department; manages requests for all pick-up or delivery on any container movement within the Market area
- Initiates communication to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues delaying the service
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues
- Ensures same-day service on missed pick-ups by managing the routing for all routes and tracking Driver movement in the field
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with MS applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations is preferred
- Strong Customer Service focus
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Communication skills
- AS400 experience is preferred
- CDL preferred
- Logistical background and/or GPS experience
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.