Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for assigning, supervising, and reviewing the work of others engaged in solid waste and recycling collection and disposal activities. Work is of considerable difficulty and involves continuous planning, scheduling and routing assignments of personnel to ensure work is effectively performed with a major focus enhancing the operations department’s performance and customer experience objectives.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of hauling business and provide daily support to Operations Manager in ensuring quality and budget performance; work with the General Manager to ensure the success of the division
- Assist with the scheduling and supervision of drivers
- Monitor progress of daily operations, and reassigns employees and makes route changes as necessary
- Conduct safety meetings and audits with Operations Manager
- Maintains employee company and DOT logs and reports
- Assist in the supervision of Dispatch Department
- Conduct field inspections of route crews to ensure proper work procedures
- Issue progressive disciplinary action as necessary
- Performs driver reviews with Operations Manager
- Receive, review and follow up on customer complaints regarding collection programs
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Must have valid CDL or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record
- OSHA 10 or 30 card
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Must be fully trained on all lines of business within the first year of employment
- Proven commitment to safety
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.